Professional Learning Community Vision
Curriculum and Instruction
An exemplary school district challenges students to meet high standards and goals. Curriculum and instruction are designed to recognize individual learning differences and embrace the belief that all children can learn. In such a district this provided through:
- opportunities for all students to achieve by learning critical content, processes and skills.
- challenging and measurable goals/targets for each student.
- opportunities for making interdisciplinary, personal and real world connections and applications to the curriculum.
- data driven decision making.
- research-based/ best practice instruction.
An exemplary school district ensures that all of its schools provide students with basic skill attainment and opportunities to achieve academic excellence and social/emotional
development. In such a district opportunities are provided for students to:
- achieve academic excellence.
- be creative and take intellectual risks.
- demonstrate and accept responsibility for their learning, decisions and actions.
- become actively engaged in their learning while work collaboratively and respectfully with peers and adults.
- fully participate in the learning community through academic and co-curricular activities.
- celebrate their achievements.
An exemplary school district is built on a foundation of a quality staff dedicated to ensuring all students achieve success. In such a district all staff will:
- demonstrate respect and support for students, staff, parents, and community members.
- focus on district goals and state standards.
- commit to continued learning.
An exemplary school district ensures that all of its schools foster a climate conducive to lifelong learning and a positive sense of self worth. In such a district:
- there is a commitment to provide a safe and supportive environment.
- expectations for behavior are clear and consistent.
- relationships are characterized by respect and diversity is valued.
- there’s open communication and collaboration between students, staff, parents, and the Board of Education.
- individual effort and achievement are encouraged, recognized, and celebrated.
- there are opportunities for high levels of participation in the curricular and cocurricular programs.
- well maintained physical facilities meet the needs of students and the community
An exemplary school district recognizes the importance of community partnerships. In such a district it:
- values the community support for its mission and vision.
- is accountable to the community to safeguard its investment in education by being fiscally responsible.
- demonstrates an understanding of the unique diversity of the community.
- values two-way communication with the community.
- encourages parents to be active in their children’s education.