State Report Cards
Each year, the State of Illinois publishes a public report card on each school based on that school’s performance on the previous year’s State testing program as well as based on demographic and financial data. The report card is intended to provide a high degree of transparency about the performance of the school and school district.
Prior to 2015, student assessment data on State Report Cards was based on the ISATs (Illinois Standards Achievement Tests) and IAA (Illinois Alternate Assessment). Beginning with 2015, the assessments shifted to PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers) and DLM (Dynamic Learning Maps).
School District 21 reminds its community members to consider the following factors when examining these report cards:
- Students who are learning English and are not yet proficient in English take the same assessment taken by those students who are proficient in English.
- Nearly all students with Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) participate in the same assessment taken by all other students.
- These assessments consist of a limited amount of time in total. These assessments provide a snapshot of the District’s performance in the spring of each year.
- These assessments are most valid and reliable when examined across large groups of students–such as the performance of an entire school or the school district.
- Finally, like any assessment of student learning, student performance on PARCC should be considered in relation to their performance on other assessments, including the Northwest Evaluation Association’s Measures of Academic Progress, as well as school and classroom assessments. When a particular pattern of performance emerges on a range of different assessments, one can be confident in the results and plan differentiated instruction accordingly.
The Illinois State Board of Education utilizes illinoisreportcard.com as a portal for comprehensive reporting on public education in Illinois. The website includes detailed and searchable information from the Illinois State Board of Education.
State Report Cards
- School District 21
- Cooper Middle School
- Holmes Middle School
- London Middle School
- Field Elementary School
- Frost Elementary School
- Kilmer Elementary School
- Longfellow Elementary School
- Poe Elementary School
- Riley Elementary School
- Tarkington Elementary School
- Twain Elementary School
- Whitman Elementary School