CCSD21 health staff work in conjunction with school staff and families to promote optimal health and safety, thereby facilitating the educational process for all students. Our goal is to offer a safe and healthy learning environment for all students.
Student Illness or Injury
When in-person instruction resumes, ill or injured children will be given care until parents can be contacted and, if needed, pick up the student and care for him/her outside of school. Students are never to leave school without being signed out in the school office by a parent, legal guardian or designated adult.
Children should not be in school with:
- Fevers of 100.0°F or higher
- Undiagnosed rashes
- Sore, irritated eyes
- Vomiting, diarrhea or severe abdominal cramps
Students should be free of fever, vomiting, and/or diarrhea for 24 hours without the use of medication before returning to school.
STATE OF ILLINOIS MANDATORY HEALTH REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS
Specific health exams are required in order for students to enroll in school. Upon your request, many medical professionals will provide you with the completed forms, or you may print the forms linked below and present them to your child’s medical office.
Information and Forms
Each collapsible section below contains important information and forms. Please complete forms as requested by your school’s nurse and return completed forms to school with your child.
In January 2011, the Illinois State Board of Education enacted Public Act 96-0349, which requires school boards in Illinois to adopt policies promoting both the prevention and management of life-threatening allergic reactions. A copy of Community Consolidated School District 21’s manual, Procedures for Managing Life-Threatening Food Allergies in School, is available here or at your child’s school. In accordance with this policy, classroom snacks are limited to fruits, vegetables and hard cheese. If necessary, these snacks may be further limited in accordance with specific food allergies in a classroom. School District 21 does not allow food as a birthday treat at school.
- Allergy Emergency Action Plan
- Food Allergy Health History
- Individual Health Care Plan: English | Español | Polski | Русский
- Physician Statement for Food Substitution
- Authorization for Self-Administration of Asthma Medication: English | Español | Polski | Русский
- American Lung Association: Asthma Action Plan for Home and School
- Student Athlete Concussion Information Sheet and Parent/Guardian and Student Acknowledgement Form
- Hoja de información sobre las conmociones cerebrales en los estudiantes atletas y formulario de confirmación de padres/tutores y estudiantes
- Informacje o wstrząśnieniu mózgu dla uczniów uprawiających sport oraz formularz potwierdzenia dla rodziców/opiekunów i uczniów
- Информация о сотрясениях мозга для учеников-спортсменов и Лист ознакомления родителей/опекунов и учащихся
Epilepsy is a neurological disorder characterized by recurrent seizures. A seizure is a brief disruption of electrical activity in the brain. Epilepsy is sometimes called a “seizure disorder”.
- Seizure Action Plan / Plan de Acción: English | Español
- Questionnaire for Parent of a Student with Seizures / Cuestionario para Padres de un Estudiante con Crisis: English | Español