In addition to viewing events and activities taking place at District 21 and each of its buildings through the CCSD21 Calendar, a school year snapshot calendar and the A-B-C-D-E calendar can be accessed below.
2018 – 2019 original School Year Calendar – see note below
2018 – 2019 A-B-C-D-E Calendar – see note below
2018-2019 calendar revisions
As announced on March 8, 2019, end of year dates and calendar adjustments for the 2018-2019 calendar were necessary to make up for four emergency cold/snow days used this winter. The 2018-2019 calendar linked above was originally adopted by the Board of Education in April 2018. A revised calendar is available here.
Friday, May 24
- Grades 1-8: Half-day of attendance (elementary schools: 9 AM – Noon, middle schools: 8:30 AM – 11:30 AM)
- Full- and half-day kindergarten: Non-Attendance day
- Pre-Kindergarten: Family Engagement Day (All students and parents attend AM session from 9 – 11:30 AM)
Friday, May 31
- Grade 8: Last Day of School – Regular schedule
Monday, June 3 – D Day
- Pre-kindergarten, full- and half-day kindergarten, grades 1-7: Regular schedule
Tuesday, June 4 – A Day
- Grades 1-7: Regular schedule
- Pre-Kindergarten, full- and half-day kindergarten: Last Day of School – Regular schedule
Wednesday, June 5
- Grades 1-7: Last Day of School (elementary school: 9 – 11:30 AM, middle school: 8:30 – 11 AM)
We understand families may have already made alternate arrangements based on the initial calendar, especially on Friday, May 24, 2019, which was previously a non-attendance day. If your child(ren) will not be able to attend school on May 24, please be sure to contact your school. This absence will be marked as excused.