Substitute in CCSD21
Interested in serving the community and supporting our schools? Apply today to be a CCSD21 substitute!
CCSD21 offers competitive rates for short-term and long-term teacher substitute, teacher assistant substitute, and other support staff roles.
The daily substitute rates are as follows:
- Substitute as a teacher or registered nurse for 1-59 days*: $112 per day
- Substitute as a teacher or registered nurse for 60 or more days*: $122 per day
- Substitute as a teacher or registered nurse in a long-term position of 15 or more consecutive days: $200 per day
- Substitute as a teacher assistant or special needs facilitator: $100 per day
- Substitute as a secretary or health assistant: $91.20 per day
*Note: Cumulative days served as a substitute carry over from one school year to the next.
In addition, CCSD21 offers a loyalty rate to teacher and registered nurse substitutes who have worked at CCSD21 for at least five years in substitute and/or full-time positions, and have worked at least 90 days in the preceding school year. Substitutes who meet those two parameters will earn the loyalty rate of $125 for each day as a substitute teacher or registered nurse in the current school year.
Professional development and networking opportunities are also extended to teacher and teacher assistant substitutes.
In order to serve as a substitute, applicants must have a valid Illinois Professional Educator License or Substitute Teaching License if applying to be a teacher substitute, or have a valid Illinois ELS (PARA) Paraprofessional Educator License if applying to be a teacher assistant substitute. More information on licensure can be found here.
Interested candidates can apply at any time: CCSD21 Frontline Education. Applications will be screened and individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful applicants will take part in training that is offered monthly.
Please contact the CCSD21 Human Resources team at 847-520-2725 with any questions.
Already serving the community and supporting our schools? Thank you!
We’re so grateful to the team of professionals who substitute in our schools and support our students. Helpful information for current substitutes can be found below:
- Substitute Handbook
- Substitute Payroll Schedule
- How to: Clear cache and cookies – If you are having trouble using Frontline Absence Management, please follow these directions.
- How to: Cancel a single day of a long-term assignment