Substitute in CCSD21
Interested in serving the community and supporting our schools? Apply today to be a CCSD21 substitute!
CCSD21 offers competitive rates for short-term and long-term teacher substitute, teacher assistant substitute, and other support staff roles.
The daily substitute rates are as follows:
- Substitute as a teacher or registered nurse for 1-59 days*: $112 per day
- Substitute as a teacher or registered nurse for 60 or more days*: $122 per day
- Substitute as a teacher or registered nurse in a long-term position of 15 or more consecutive days: $200 per day
- Substitute as a teacher assistant or special needs facilitator: $100 per day
- Substitute as a secretary or health assistant: $79.80 per day
- Substitute as a secretary or health assistant in a long-term position of 15 or more consecutive days: $91 per day
*Note: Cumulative days served as a substitute carry over from one school year to the next.
In addition, CCSD21 offers a loyalty rate to teacher and registered nurse substitutes who have worked at CCSD21 for at least five years in substitute and/or full-time positions, and have worked at least 90 days in the preceding school year. Substitutes who meet those two parameters will earn the loyalty rate of $125 for each day as a substitute teacher or registered nurse in the current school year.
Professional development and networking opportunities are also extended to teacher and teacher assistant substitutes.
In order to serve as a substitute, applicants must have a valid Illinois Professional Educator License or Substitute Teaching License if applying to be a teacher substitute, or have a valid Illinois ELS (PARA) Paraprofessional Educator License if applying to be a teacher assistant substitute. More information on licensure can be found here.
Typically, we hire substitutes twice a year. If our hiring window is open, the substitute positions will be a posted here: CCSD21 Frontline Education Applications will be screened, and individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please contact the CCSD21 Human Resources team at 847-520-2725 with any questions.