2021-2022 Student Registration
All students who will attend CCSD21 schools for the 2021-2022 school year must register online. This includes students who are registered at CCSD21 during this current school year, incoming kindergarten students, and any student new to CCSD21. Fees are not collected during registration.
The online registration portal is managed by InfoSnap, a branch of PowerSchool, which manages our Student Information System and Parent Portal. One InfoSnap account can be used to manage registrations for all students in one family. New this year, families can upload required documents directly through the InfoSnap portal rather than bringing paper copies to the District Registrar. Accepted upload formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .txt, .rtf, .xls, .xlsx, .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, or .png. To prepare for registration:
- New students: Gather birth certificate
- New and returning students: Gather proof of residency, relevant screening forms, and medical documents, if applicable (more information listed below)
- Review your school’s handbook and bookmark the page to access throughout the year.
Students New to CCSD21
Registration for students new to CCSD21 at any grade level, including new incoming kindergarten students, is open now.
A child is eligible to attend kindergarten in the fall of 2021 if the child will be five years old on or before September 1, 2021.
Current Students Returning to CCSD21
2021-2022 registration for current CCSD21 students at all grade levels is open now.
All current CCSD21 students will be issued a SnapCode in order to complete the returning student registration process.
Additional registration materials
During the registration process, families will need to turn the following items. Items may be uploaded during the registration process or copies may be turned in to the CCSD21 Registrar.
- Birth certificate (new students only)
- Three (3) total documents to prove residency within CCSD21:
- One (1) of the following: Real estate tax bill, signed lease, mortgage document, military housing letter AND
- Two (2) of the following: Gas bill, electric bill, water/sewer bill, cable bill, vehicle registration, bank statement, driver’s license/state ID, public aid card, Medicaid card, food stamp card, credit card statement, paycheck stub, city sticker receipt
Depending on the student’s age, and regardless of if the student is new to CCSD21 or returning, additional forms may need to be completed. These items also need to be turned in to the District Registrar:
- Preschool: Physical Exam
- Kindergarten: Physical, Dental and Vision Exams
- Second Grade: Dental Exam
- Sixth Grade: Physical and Dental Exam
- Seventh Grade: Physical Exam if participating in sports
- Eighth Grade: Physical Exam if participating in sports
Children who experience specific medical conditions (ex. allergies, asthma, diabetes, seizure) may need to submit additional forms. Please review the Health Services page for additional information and forms.
School Admissions and Student Transfers To and from Non-District Schools
Board of Education policy 7:50, School Admissions and Student Transfers To and from Non-District Schools, outlines information about age of admission, admission documentation, and transfer information. Please click above to review this policy. Refer to the Illinois State Board of Education website to determine if a nonpublic school is recognized.
Student Assignment and Intra-District Transfer
Board of Education policy 7:30, Student Assignment and Intra-District Transfer, outlines information about school attendance areas and transfers within the District.
Additional questions and support
Questions related to the registration process can be directed to the CCSD21 Registrar, Carmina Martinez (847-520-2610), to your school, or submitted via email ([email protected]).
For questions or information regarding homeless services please visit our McKinney-Vento Homeless Services page here.
For questions related to the InfoSnap registration portal, including technical support, please contact PowerSchool at 866-752-6850 and 866-434-6276. PowerSchool support hours are Monday-Friday, 8 AM-7 PM.
Early Entrance Requests
CCSD21 follows Illinois law which specifies that to enter kindergarten or first grade children must be five years of age by September 1st of their kindergarten year or six years of age by September 1st of their first grade year. However, CCSD21 has an acceleration policy that addresses exceptions for children whose potential and skills are in the very superior range when compared with their peers. Please view more information here.