We are thrilled to launch CCSD21 Family Academy! As outlined in our Learning Recovery Plan, Family Academy programming is designed to provide families with opportunities to develop, learn, and grow. Families will be empowered to be passionate advocates for their children in lifelong learning and success.
Inaugural, identical Family Academy events will launch this December. Families may attend the event that best fits their schedule:
- Friday, December 3, from 6:30-8:00 PM at Holmes Middle School (dinner served at 5:45 PM)
- Saturday, December 4, from 9:30-11:00 AM at London Middle School (breakfast served at 8:45 AM)
- Tuesday, December 7, from 6:30-8:00 PM at Cooper Middle School (dinner served at 5:45 PM)
Families that do not pre-register are still welcome to attend, however an accurate RSVP count will support our planning.
A free meal will be served and free childcare will be provided.
Adults will select three sessions to attend, each providing an overview of the content area/topic and equipping families with age-appropriate activities to support learning and/or positive choices at home.
- Literacy by grade level grouping (K-2, 3-5, and 6-8)
- Math by grade level grouping (K-2, 3-5, and 6-8)
- Restorative Practices: Supporting Positive Behaviors at Home